SOUTHSIDE EDUCATION COLLABORATIVE
The Southside Education Collaborative was founded to support the ongoing effort to provide education at St. Mary’s South Side Catholic High School in South St. Louis. All funds donated to the Southside Education Collaborative will go directly to continuing the high-quality Catholic Marianist education, provided at St. Mary’s, for all students, no matter their academic or socioeconomic backgrounds. The Southside Education Collaborative is here to ensure that St. Mary’s South Side Catholic High School remains an anchor in the Dutchtown neighborhood continuing its efforts to transform the City of St. Louis through education, service, and community building.
OUR SIDE... SOUTHSIDE.
St. Mary’s High School, 4701 South Grand Boulevard, opened its doors under the name of South Side Catholic High School in September 1931. For the first two years, its teachers were Christian Brothers. In September 1933, members of the Society of Mary (Marianists) took over the school. A faculty of ten Brothers of Mary taught 275 students. The first graduating class numbered 62. The name of the school was changed from South Side Catholic High School to St. Mary’s High School in 1947.
To read more about St. Mary's High School, CLICK HERE.
Francis Slay - President
Former Mayor of St. Louis
St. Mary’s Class of 1973
Gregory Divis, Jr. - Treasurer
St. Mary’s Class of 1984
Brian Daniels - Secretary
St. Mary’s Class of 1998
President of St. Mary's South Side
Catholic High School